Friday, April 4, 2014

Tasting: Santa Julia Malbec


Name:  Santa Julia Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Unknown
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95

Winery Review: “The nose if full of mellow raspberry and cherry, while the palate is fleshy and round, with blackberry and a touch of raisin. Plump, not edgy, and ready to drink, with coffee and mocha notes on the finish.”

Personal Review: This wine had a pungent dark red raspberry smell to it. It smelled delicious! It smelled like wood and currant, and a little bit like raspberry jelly. I was really excited to taste this wine! It was smooth the whole way through, from beginning to end. It was not too spicy or peppery as I would typically expect from a Malbec, which was nice. It was high in tannins, but I did not think it was hot at all. I loved this wine! I am excited to try this wine again with a meal! My favorite wine from this tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment