Saturday, February 15, 2014

Tasting: Dibon Cava Brut Reserva


Name:  Dibon Cava Brut Reserva
Variety: 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada
Region: Penedes
Country: Spain
Year: Unknown
Price: $9.95

Winery Review: “Light apple aromas are elegant and not over the top while the tangerine and orange flavors are lean and focused. This is a light-framed Cava with a clean, fast, tasty profile and finish. Not yeasty or heavy at all.”

Personal Review: This Spanish version of Champagne was tasty! I enjoyed the sweet hint of apples and pears with so many bubbles from the carbonation. It reminded me slightly of sparkling apple cider. It would classify it as being semi-sweet, since it did leave my mouth feeling a tad dry but not overly so, as a big, red wine typically would. I definitely agree with the wineries review that this wine is not heavy at all. It was very crisp and refreshing. I would like to try this wine in the summertime and with food, as I think this would change certain elements of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment