Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting: Odoardi Savuto


Name:  Odoardi Savuto
Variety: Gaglioppo, Greco Nero, Nerello Cappuccio, Magliocco Canino and Sangiovese
Region: Calabria
Country: Italy
Year: 2006
Price: $18.00

Winery Review: “A beefy, herb-tinged red, sporting dense layers of plum sauce, grilled fig, and currant paste, stacked with notes of roasted game, rosemary, and hummus. The finish lingers, despite noticeable tannins. Drink now through 2016. 14,000 cases made.


Personal Review: This wine has a very pretty plum color. It has a similar smell to the color, like rich plums. It tasted very spicy and made my mouth feel very dry. I didn’t taste the meat, game, or herbs the winery description listed. I mostly tasted plums in this wine. Perhaps drinking this wine with food would make those tastes more apparent. I am not sure I would be willing to try this wine again because I was not a big fan of it on its own in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment