Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tasting Snap Dragon's Riesling


Name: Snap Dragon
Variety: Riesling
Region: Sonoma, California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $10.99

Winery Review: “Snap Dragon Riesling is a crisp off-dry wine with apple blossom aromas, pear and peach flavors, and a lingering finish. A perfect wine to drink by itself or pair with seafood dishes or spicy Asian food.”

Personal Review: I was excited to try a Riesling today because I don’t believe I have ever tasted one, although it turned out to be a slightly disappointing experience. The wine smelled a lot like plastic and honestly reminded me of walking into a stale, dusty room! After getting past the dusty smell, I could sense a slight pear or apple aroma with some sweetness to it. It had a surprisingly smooth taste and was very thin compared to the red wines I am typically used to drinking. I believe it had the “buttery” taste Dr. Boyer has been discussing in class. It was too sweet for my taste, but others I was with seemed to really enjoy it. I was also not a fan of the minor plastic aftertaste it left in my mouth. It was recommended to us that this wine would go well with Asian or Thai meals, so perhaps I would have enjoyed this wine more with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment