Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting: Jesus Diaz Blanco Vinos de Madrid


Name:  Jesus Diaz Blanco Vinos de Madrid
Variety: 100% Malvar
Region: Vinos de Madrid
Country: Spain
Year: Unknown
Price: $15.00

Winery Review: “Vinos de Madrid is a region of Spain not often encountered in the US, while Malvar is considered a regional specialty but remains unknown outside of central Spain. Zesty acidity and tropical fruit make this obscure buy a great food wine!”


Personal Review: This wine was sweet and fruity, with a tropical lightness about it. I could sense a minor tropical taste, along with apples. It did have a slight burn or kick at the end of it, but overall it was not bad. I would not say this was the best wine I’ve ever tasted, but it was decent. I did not have this wine with any food, but since the winery does suggest this, I would be interested in trying it again with a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment