Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tasting: Haras Chardonnay


Name:  Haras Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Maipo Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2012
Price: $8.99

Winery Review: “The Haras estate in Chile unites the twin passions of the Matte family: thoroughbred horses and fine wine. Located in the foothills of the Andes, the estate is home to South America’s top thoroughbred breeding farm and some of the best vineyards in Chile. The winery itself is built in a unique horseshoe shape, and its vineyards are managed with sustainable practices. The vibrant Chardonnay offers distinct aromas of white peach and citrus, pleasantly balanced with a creamy texture.”


Personal Review: This chardonnay was oaked, so I was excited to compare it to the previous wine, an un-oaked California Simply Naked chardonnay. It smelled like a lot of different fruits, but mainly apples and peaches. This wine tasted like peaches! It was delightful! I thought this wine was also slightly carbonated with a bubbly texture to it. Tasting this wine helped me to understand what an “oaky” flavor tastes like. I was not expecting to like the oak taste, but I liked this wine better than the Simply Naked chardonnay! I also drank this wine with the herb encrusted pork tenderloin and it was my favorite wine paired with the pork! I really enjoyed this wine and am definitely going to be on the lookout for it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment