Monday, March 10, 2014

Tasting: 2012 Bota Box Shiraz

Name:  Bota Box
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $22.99

Winery Review: “Our Bota Box Shiraz is a medium bodied, succulent wine offering complex aromas of blackberry, plum and white pepper.  On the palate, the wine forms a soft, supple mouth feel, bursting with blueberry jam and cherry.  Bota Box Shiraz is perfectly paired with grilled meats, slightly spicy foods, or aged cheeses.”


Personal Review: This wine had a very dark plum color to it and smelled high in alcohol. It took me a little while to get any smells other than the alcohol, but eventually I did begin to smell cherries. I was surprised when I tasted this wine that it did not taste too much like alcohol. While it was a very big, full bodied wine, with a rich texture, its tannins balanced nicely throughout the wine. It had a nice smooth finish and aftertaste. This wine also had a smoky, tobacco flavor to it which surprised me. In addition, it had the typical Shiraz taste of spicy black pepper. I drank this wine with roast beef and was very happy with it. It complemented the meat well. I would definitely drink this wine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment