Friday, March 28, 2014

Tasting: Peter Lehmann Chardonnay


Name: Peter Lehmann Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Unknown
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Price: $20, Sale for $9.95

Winery Review: “The 2010 Chardonnay presents subtle notes of spiced apple slices and ripe peaches with hints of freshly baked bread and melon. Light bodied, clean and refreshingly crisp in the mouth, it offers just enough apple and pear flavor concentration, finishing with medium-long persistence. Drink it now to 2014.”

Personal Review: This wine had a strong odor to it! To me, it smelled like someone had just opened a can of tuna fish! Gross! The taste was slightly better than the smell, but I was still not a fan! It had a smoky taste, but it was still fishy tasting. The body was also kind of slimy but the aftertaste was alright. I would describe this wine as “unique!” I did not try this wine with food and I do not think I will be any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment