Monday, March 10, 2014

Tasting: Beringer's White Merlot


Name:  Beringer
Variety: White Merlot
Region: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $5.99

Winery Review: “Since 1876, Beringer has crafted award winning wines in Napa Valley, and this White Merlot is no exception. Crisp and refreshing, bursting with the aromas and flavors of fresh fruit, this wine is well suited on its own or as the perfect complement to a meal. If you enjoy our White Merlot, try our Moscato. Serve chilled.”


Personal Review: I had never heard of a white merlot until I saw this wine! I was excited to try it and see what it was all about! It smelled sweet and had an aroma of apples, which I thought was interesting. This wine had a very pretty color, reminding me of cranberry juice. Even though it tasted sweet, it was not sickeningly sweet, which was nice. It was not hot with alcohol at all. It was very fruity and I would love to try this wine again in the summertime. I think it would be very refreshing! I drank this wine with an oven roasted chicken sandwich. It was delicious! The chicken really brought out the apple flavors in the wine nicely. I also tasted this wine at room temperature, but I the next time I have it I would be interested in tasting it chilled, as recommended by the winery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment